Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Imagine! another poverty update

Hey,
So I am waiting for my e-reader to charge and I decide to look up some more stats on poverty (because that is never depressing!) and I saw some really horrifying things (btw… that previous parenthetical statement was SACASTIC!)
1.       Every day, twice the people who died in 9/11 die from hunger
2.       1 billion people live in EXTREME poverty.
3.       In 2005, 80% of the world lived on $10 a day (that’s the average cost of a movie ticket)
4.       The poorest 40% of the world has 5% of the income
5.       The richest 20% has 75% of the income
Scared yet? When I have more time (I’m dashing off to play practice), I’ll have another go at finding even more gross details for you.
Catherine Korizno

No comments:

Post a Comment