Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Omnivore's Dilemma- "I'll have a large corn with a side of corn with corn to drink please"

Well, I've been reading some of Michael Pollan's The Omivore's Dilemma and I thought I would reveal a few corn-tastic facts to you guys. If you ever find yourself browsing a menu at a McCorn, uhh I mean McDonald's, menu and turns out corn is everywhere.

Soda- approximately 100 percent corn
milkshake- 78%
chicken nuggets- 56%
cheeseburger -52%
french fries- 23% 

Just think about it. All the foods at McDonald's (and most other places) is really corn with some added colors or flavorings. Mmmm! Have we domesticated corn or has corn domesticated us? 

-Jacob

1 comment:

  1. Wow. No wonder it's so easy to gain weight when everything's just one big kernel of super starch!

    ReplyDelete